Imagine a world where entrepreneurs and their businesses can focus on making a positive impact on the world we live in. Where they can do their work using great technology, supported by great people, that simply works the way it’s supposed to! That’s what we do, and we need your help.
For over 16 years, MVP has worked with hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses, helping them with all their technology needs, helping them thrive and grow, helping them to achieve their vision of making the world a better place.
Why Join Us?
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately engaged team of A-players are beyond awesome!
We’re an energetic, fun, focused, and effective group who thrive on big challenges. We have a strong culture of teamwork, we work hard and have fun, and foster minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level. Our culture is fast-paced and we consider our work our “art,” striving for excellence in everything we do.
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and more.
And… We’re hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
If inside you’re saying “I’m in” please continue…
The Partner Support On-site Technician supports and maintains the networks and infrastructure of MVP partners by providing hands-on support at their locations. They are a great communicator and can manage well when the partner requires strong guidance. The pace and demands are greater than a remote support position.
As a Partner Support On-Site Technician, you hold a key role in the growth and success of our organization. You have a few primary responsibilities:
- Providing on-site Level 1 & 2 technical support to MVP partners
- Integrating new hardware and software into existing infrastructure
- Escalation point for remote technicians and addressing issues requiring an on-site presence
- Providing excellent customer service; communicating to internal and external stakeholders progress with service issues; providing notice of impending changes or downtime
You will be accountable for:
- Providing on-site level 1 & 2 technical support to partners through service tickets
- Tracking all work in ConnectWise as it is completed and submitting accurate timesheets on a weekly basis
- Assess and maintain partner networks and infrastructure; maintain network/data security within partner environments
- Technical support services at the network level (LAN/WAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, etc) as well as for Microsoft-driven technology (Windows Server, Active Directory, Office applications, M365, etc)
- Ensuring through regular communication with the remote Partner Support, Professional Services, Sales, and Partner Success teams that partners are receiving the excellent level of service MVP expects
- Understanding and adhering to regulatory compliance requirements for MVP partner business, especially healthcare and financial
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of MVP’s solution stack and how it relates to partners’ needs
- Thoroughly documenting solutions that you deploy, repair, or otherwise encounter that aren’t already documented
- Being prompt and understanding the importance of communicating ETAs to partners
- Embodying the MVP standard of Taking IT to 11!
To be successful, you have:
- Ability to adapt in real-time to fresh challenges and shifting priorities
- Strong technical skills across a variety of IT disciplines
- An unflappably positive attitude even in the face of challenges
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses; knowing when to ask for assistance or escalate
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals
- A true team-focused spirit, with a willingness to jump in and help your coworkers (we only have room for people who follow any thoughts of “that’s not my job” with “…but I’m happy to have the opportunity to help out my team”)
- A collaborative, professional approach to building positive relationships across the organization
- Drive to acquire and apply new knowledge or skills to continuously improve personally and professionally
- Appreciation of a culture of empowerment and accountability to a team
Credentials and Experience:
- 2 – 4 years of experience providing technical support
- Expertise in Microsoft products, including Windows, Windows Server, Office and O365, Microsoft Exchange
- Expertise in Active Directory and Group Policy
- College degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related previous experience
- Experience troubleshooting networking concepts including LAN/WAN topology, cabling, routing, and VPNs
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting computers, networks, and printers
- Familiarity with virtualization (VMWare, Citrix, Azure, AWS)
- Experience with data backup and disaster recovery support
- Corporate antivirus support
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies
This is a full-time, permanent, hourly position located in Buffalo, NY.